A Documentary Film by Camilo Silva

1922 :: The first 3D film shown to a paying audience debuts

Posted by on Jul 16, 2012 in 1920's, Ambassador Blog | 0 comments

1922 :: The Power of Love – now a lost film – was the first 3-D feature film shown to a paying film audience, at the Ambassador Hotel’s ‘theater’ in Los Angeles in September, 1922. The stereoscopic film was projected ‘dual-strip’ in the red/green anaglyph format, making it both the earliest known film that utilized dual strip projection and the earliest known film in which anaglyph glasses were used. The film utilized and may have been the only commercial film produced in the dual-camera, dual-projector system developed by Harry

K. Fairhall and Robert F. Elder. Source @ http://www.filmsite.org/1922-filmhistory.html

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This